1. There was a time when I lived in a German countryside. The summer came and the weather got better. The Germans took a blanket and spread out on the lawn outside the house on weekends, holding a glass of drink in their hand, and a book. Lying on the blanket for a whole day. From morning to sunset, when hungry, they will go into the house and eat a piece of bread, and then go out and continue lying on the lawn.
But we don’t do that in China.
2. A German I met, originally made a travel plan for half a year before the covid-19 epidemic, but the epidemic came, so technically they are not wsupposed to go out during the outbreak. Unexpectedly, they rented an RV, the whole family traveled to European countries by RV as originally planned, while Chinese will try not to be outside during otubreak.
3. The child moved out when he was 18 years old, and then he went home to see his parents, which is called visiting instead of backing home. Parents visiting their children are also the same. Basically, parents want their children stay longer even if children become adults in China.
4. Germans have a calendar. Every time they make an appointment with them, they will definitely open the calendar to see if there are any arrangements for that day.
5. Almost all service industries in Germany need to make appointments, such as hair cutting. If you don’t make an appointment, you can’t have the chance to cut your hair at all!
6. Even nowadays, many Germans don’t use smart phones. Many people are still sending letters, which is very different from China.
8. Many young Germans graduate from university and are not in a hurry to find a job. They are still in the stage of exploring society at the age of 24 or 25. Take a look here and there, take a lot of internships, and try to find their real interests. The money they need comes from doing part-time jobs, People of this age in China are under pressure to find work, earn money, get married and have children.
9. Germans who go to the supermarket to buy things will have a list with the things they want to buy. In China we don’t have a shopping list to follow.